Re: E-M:/ RE: / governor's press release on great lakes waterwithdrawals

Enviro-Mich message from "G. Tracy  Mehan" <MEHANG@state.mi.us>

The agreement in principle, as to a common standard, will have to be implemented in federal and state law.

>>> "Harris, Craig" <Craig.Harris@ssc.msu.edu> 06/20 10:15 AM >>>
Enviro-Mich message from "Harris, Craig" <Craig.Harris@ssc.msu.edu>

a question for dave or anyone else --
do we have any clear understanding of how it would be determined whether a
proposed "withdrawal can meet all of the following conditions" . . . i
believe that in the past this determination was made by each governor and
premier; unanimous consent was required for a withdrawal . . . is this
arrangement to be continued
cheers,
craig

craig k harris