E-M:/ Coyote: Can you help us save?

Enviro-Mich message from ECOARTDB@aol.com

Dear Environmentalists,
I friend of mine is concerned about the proposed killing of a number coyote
on a 200 acres parcel in a suburban setting where he works. He is seeking
information that may prevent the killing, or have it done in the most humane
way possible.  I called DNR wildlife division, and they spend time on the
phone getting information for me, but the basic  outlook was that coyote
numbers are extreemly high, increasing, and that they are becoming a nusence.
People are allowed to trap, hunt and poison them. They are not allowed to
transport them to other lands.  One the other hand my research shows that the
coyotes adjust their population by having more puppies, if attempts are made
to exterminate them from an area. They reduce rodent population. (Do they eat
groundhogs?)

We would appreciate any information or asistance you could give regarding
this proposed killing of coyote..

Thanks, Deanne Bednar