Re: E-M:/ coyote biology

Enviro-Mich message from Tim Flynn <timf@mac.com>

Sherry,

Thanks for the input.  The social pressure I was referring to need not be
related to pack structure.  The dominate pairs in an areas exert pressure on
other sub-dominate individuals attempting to limit competition for their
food.  As the community is put under increased mortality by hunting, more
individual coyotes are freed from this pressure from dominate individuals
and pairs, and therefore breeding increases among other members of the
community.

At least that is what the paper said.

Tim