E-M:/ MEC Launches a Gas Price Site

Hi Folks,

Today at MEC we launched  a new section of our website dedicated to environmental aspects of the gas crisis.  Over the month of July, we will share with you the environmental take on three consumer-oriented gas issues:  gas conservation, urban sprawl and alternative fuels.  Press releases highlighting aspects of each issue will be accompanied by downloadable photographs, statistical snapshots of issue impacts and opinion essays from Michigan's leading transportation advocates.  This week we feature a comparison of commuter trends between the U.S. and Michigan and an op/ed by Lucinda Means, Executive Director of the League of Michigan Bicyclists.

Visit the site at www.mecprotects.org/gas.html.

Thanks, and I welcome your comments and critiques . . .

Conan

Conan Smith
Land Programs Director
Michigan Environmental Council