E-M:/ IMMINENT Piping Plover hearings on Critical Habitat

 Folks:

 I JUST got this today, and maybe others had seen previous notice, but this
 is very late to be announcing these (the letter I got is dated July 10,
 and arrived today).  There are HEARINGS ON THE FISH AND WILDLIFE PROPOSALS
 FOR DESIGNATION OF CRITICAL HABITAT FOR PIPING PLOVER scheduled NEXT WEEK
 in NEWBERRY AND IN TRAVERSE CITY.

 The packet of information I received is fairly large, including the
 proposed rule (July 6 Fed Register listing), maps of the proposed critical
 habitat areas in Michigan, and the Great Lakes region, and additional
 background information.  This is a LOT to digest, with the first hearings
 starting on July 17 in Ashland, WI!

 Here are the closest hearing sites and dates (all within the next couple
 weeks).  All are scheduled for open houses starting at 6 p.m. with
 HEARINGS going from 7 to 9 p.m.:

 MONDAY July 17,
 Northern Great Lakes Center
 29270 County Highway G (West of Ashland)
 Ashland, WI

 TUESDAY July 18
 Brown county Central Library
 515 Pine Street
 Green Bay, WI

 WEDNESDAY July 19
 Newberry High School Auditorium
 700 Newberry Avenue
 Newberry, MI

 THURSDAY July 20
 Grand Traverse Civic Center
 1213 West Civic Center Drive
 Travers City, MI

 MONDAY July 24
 Dorothy Buell Memorial Visitors Center (starts at 5)
 Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Indiana
 (Just west of Beverly Shores on Kemil Road between US Highways 12 and 20)

 TUESDAY July 25
 The Great Lakes Science Center
 601 Erieside Ave.
 Cleveland, Ohio

 Other hearings are being held around the country as well.

 If you have questions, apparently you can call the Michigan Ecological
 Services office of the Fish and Wildlife Service (517-351-2555) or check
 out the information on their web page <midwest.fws.gov/pipingplover>

 Anne Woiwode