E-M:/ WP trail

Is it appropriate to use residential standards?  I don't know.  Apparently, there are no standards for recreational use.  It seems to me if someone is spending several hours a week on the trail and is being coated with, and perhaps inhaling, dust with elevated levels of toxic compounds there is potential health risk.  A person's association with the toxins is rather intimate and intense on the trail.  The DNR should either seal the trail with a new surface or do adequate sampling, publicly announce the results, proclaim there is no problem, and take responsibility for that proclamation.  As it is, they have known about this condition for nearly two years (and I would have to assume they must have had suspicions for far longer given it's an old RR grade) and have done nothing but put the limited test results and associated correspondance in a file somewhere.