E-M:/ Grand River Expedition 2000

Enviro-Mich message from "thornapple river" <thornapple@hotmail.com>

The Grand River Expedition 2000 canoes went through downtown Grand Rapids
today. The expedition, a two-week, 225 mile canoe trip, is paddling the
entire navigable length of the Grand River, from near Jackson to Grand Haven
and Lake Michigan. The Thornapple River is a tributary of the Grand, and we
are participating.

I posted some Grand River Expedition 2000 photos on our website, so others
can vicariously enjoy this event.

The expedition will arrive at the mouth of the Grand River in Grand Haven
Thursday (July 27) afternoon, where exhibits will be set up at the
Riverfront Stadium between 3-5 p.m. Parking is limited (follow signs to
Musical Fountain and Stadium).

Our site is
http://www.thornappleriver.com

Info about the expedition:
http://www.grand-river2000.org/

Enjoy....

"The mission of the Thornapple River Watershed Group is to protect the
ecology of the Thornapple River and its tributaries."

Patricia Pennell
Director of Educational Programs
616-891-8817
fax 616-891-9820