E-M:/ EM ListManager will no longer forward bounced messages

Dear Enviro-Mich Participants:

In the last couple of weeks I've pretty much
stopped forwarding orphaned "bounced messages"
to the list unless I take a personal interest
in the content of the message.

Bounced messages that are not distributed on
EM get sent to me from people who
attempt to post to EM, but have changed somewhat
their email addresses so that the majordomo
list email processor no longer recognizes the
address as being registered with Enviro-Mich.

In this circumstance, I'll probably change your
registration to conform to the latest form of
your email address, but I won't re-forward the
message you sent that bounced.

Other bounced messages occur when people who
have never been on the list attempt to post to the
list.  I may post the message if I take a personal
interest and agree with it....but more often I will
not re-forward this message traffic on the theory that
if the person was really interested in what goes on
here, they would join the list.

Mostly, I just don't have time to handle this
additional burden of handling message traffic over and above the usual
and ordinary volunteer work required to manage this list.

If you are really interested in getting a message to
distribute on EM, you're going to have to register on
the EM list.  Persons not now registered on the EM list
can join the list by sending email to:

majordomo@great-lakes.net

Subject line:  blank/ignored

One line message body:      subscribe enviro-mich

If you have any questions, you may contact me at
ajs@sagady.com

Regards,

Alexander J. Sagady
Enviro-Mich Listmanager
Sierra Club Mackinac Chapter

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)