[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]

Re: E-M:/ MSU's Proposed Carcass Incinerator



-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enviro-Mich message from "Frank Ambrose" <fambrose@bloomington.in.us>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here Here.

It is good to hear voice of reason. There is no reason, scientifically or
ethically, to continue to test on animals. MSU, and all other institutions
like the government need to stop funneling money into this waste of a
program and get down to business of doing real research about how we can get
out of this profit mongering society of ours. Then we will never again be
faced with the question of where to burn discarded radioactive animals, or
even our trash.

Frank


----- Original Message -----
From: <ADAPTTToledo@aol.com>
To: <enviro-mich@great-lakes.net>
Sent: July 31, 2000 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: E-M:/ MSU's Proposed Carcass Incinerator


> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Enviro-Mich message from ADAPTTToledo@aol.com
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> <<Hmmmm...no more comments about MSU's proposed
> carcass incinerator....curious.>>
>
> I've not gotten involved in this discussion because it seems that you're
concerned about a symptom and not the real issue. The real issue is if MSU
treats animals so callously, why would you expect them to care about humans?
>
> To paraphrase Captain Paul Watson, In MSU's reality, "profits are first,
people are second and other life forms are irrelevant. In my reality,
interspecies diversity and the laws of ecology are all-important and human
greed at the expense of diversity is an evil that is best eradicated."
>
> History (and now Science) has shown time after time that how humans treat
animals will be how they ultimately treat their fellow humans as well. For
proof of this I only need to mention the names Auschwitz, Belfast, and
Bosnia. You're fighting a deep-seated attitude of exploitation and
self-centeredness, not the location of an incinerator.
>
> Mohandus Gandhi once said, "The greatness of a nation and its moral
progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
>
> By stopping the killing of animals for these tests, you eliminate the need
for the incinerator in the first place and you solve the entire problem!
>
> Not realistic you say? It is about as realistic as your dream of
influencing where MSU puts the incinerator. And if you succeed, you won't
have to address this same problem - or ones similar - with MSU again in the
future.
>
> Mark Whitt
> Local Coordinator for ADAPTT-Toledo
>
>
> ==============================================================
> ENVIRO-MICH:  Internet List and Forum for Michigan Environmental
> and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action.   Archives at
> http://www.great-lakes.net/lists/enviro-mich/
>
> Postings to:  enviro-mich@great-lakes.net      For info, send email to
> majordomo@great-lakes.net  with a one-line message body of  "info
enviro-mich"
> ==============================================================


==============================================================
ENVIRO-MICH:  Internet List and Forum for Michigan Environmental
and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action.   Archives at
http://www.great-lakes.net/lists/enviro-mich/

Postings to:  enviro-mich@great-lakes.net      For info, send email to
majordomo@great-lakes.net  with a one-line message body of  "info enviro-mich"
==============================================================