Re: E-M:/ macomb county wetland permits

Enviro-Mich message from Andrew Mutch <amutch@waterford.lib.mi.us>

Bonnie,

I would start at the DEQ's site:

Preserving Michigan's Wetlands: Options for Local Governments
http://www.deq.state.mi.us/lwm/grt_lakes/wetlands/local.htm

This info [from Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council actually] provides a good overview of the process you to need go through and the issues to consider in creating a local wetlands ordinance.  For more specific questions, I would contact one of the communities that were listed via the previous post for assistance with that.

Andrew Mutch
Planning Commissioner, City of Novi