Re: E-M:/ wetland permits

Enviro-Mich message from Andrew Mutch <amutch@waterford.lib.mi.us>

While it is a good idea to identify the wetlands in the Master Plan, I think
legally the map actually should be referenced in the wetland ordinance.  Novi's
wetland ordinance references and incorporates the wetlands map as part of the
ordinance - it may even be required by state law [I would have to review the
specifics of the language to verify that].  We also incorporate the wetlands map
as part of the Master Plan but if it ever went to court [and we haven't yet], I
think the map's inclusion as part of the ordinance would be more defensible.
Remember, the Master Plan is a general guide - the ordinance is the law.

Andrew Mutch
Planning Commissioner, City of Novi