Re: E-M:/ Meridian BiPartisan Leadership WINS in Primary!

I Have been receiving your mail along with numerous irrelevant ones without my authorization.
Should it be an error, you are invited to clear the problem at your side or at your provider's by removing my address from your list, otherwise I would be compelled to daily flood your box with 1500 silly messages from our 245 different addresses throughout the world until you stop flooding ours.
----- Original Message -----
From: Tom & Anne Woiwode
To: Enviro-Mich
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 8:02 AM
Subject: E-M:/ Meridian BiPartisan Leadership WINS in Primary!

Enviro-Mich message from "Tom & Anne Woiwode" <woiwode@voyager.net>

Election night, 12:40 a.m.

The six members of the Meridian BiPartisan Leadership, a group of
Republicans and Democrats running jointly on a platform including
controlling the pace of development in Meridian Township, Ingham County, ALL
move forward tonight into the general election.  Running on the slogan "It's
Time", the six candidates' success signals that many Meridian residents
agree it is time for a change!

Three of the six candidates had contested primaries, the most significant of
which was Susan McGillicuddy's race against the incumbent Township
Supervisor, Bill McCullough, in the Republican primary.  McGillicuddy WON
with 52% of the vote.  Also in contested races were Steve Stier, Republican
candidate for Trustee, and Patricia Hagen, Democratic candidate for Township
Clerk.  With the three uncontested candidates (Bruce Hunting for Treasurer,
Julie Brixie for Trustee and Anne Woiwode for Trustee, all Democratic
candidates) the group of six will now turn their efforts to the November
election.

The group credits their success to an extensive grassroots campaign,
assisted by tremendous volunteer support which has grown out of the deep
frustration many Meridian residents have felt about both the actions and the
attitude the current Board.  The candidates have attracted support from
diverse prominent Meridian Township residents of both parties, including
former Republican Speaker of the Michigan House Robert Waldron's endorsement
of Susan McGillicuddy, and former Democratic State Representative Lynn
Jondahl's support.

AW
Tom, Anne, Nate and Pete Woiwode
5088 Powell Road