MICHIGAN RECYCLING COALITION
LOOKING FOR NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Michigan's only statewide nonprofit organization focused on resource recovery issues is looking for a new executive director. Under the direction and guidance of the 15 member Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for overall management and development of the Michigan Recycling Coalition.
Essential functions include:
1. Hire, fire, supervise and evaluate office staff.
2. Manage and direct all operations, programs, events, and activities of the organization.
3. Provide leadership and policy guidance for the organization.
4. Approve financial disbursements and conduct/monitor all financial and accounting activities of MRC.
5. Supervise and provide staff support to MRC Board and Committees.
6. Prepare MRC publications, reports, testimony, daily correspondence, and other necessary materials and communications.
7. Uphold and implement MRC policy and directives of the Board of Directors.
8. Report regularly to Board and otherwise ensure that the Board is fully informed of all the organization's activities.
9. Research and develop viable funding opportunities. Grant writing where appropriate. Interact with major donors, foundations and corporate executives as well as other significant funders.
10. Represent MRC to other organizations at state and national level, media and the public at large.
This list is not inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed.
· Experience: At least two years in a resource recovery related field. Knowledge of non-profit association management important. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated leadership qualities. General computer skills.
· Education: Attainment of at least a Bachelor's Degree.
Salary ranges from $30,000 to $35,000 per year depending on experience, benefits are negotiable. Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and resume to be received by the MRC office no later than Sunday, August 27, 2000.
Michigan Recycling Coalition
PO Box 10240
Lansing, MI 48901-0240