E-M:/ Wetlands question

Enviro-Mich message from "Jessica Pitelka Opfer" <planner@crwc.org>

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a reasonably up-to-date figure on the percentage of historic
wetlands in southeast Michigan that have been lost to development.  I know
"southeast Michigan" is a little vague, but I'll take whatever I can get.
The DEQ website doesn't appear to have any numbers and a 1991 FWS report
indicated 50% of wetlands have been lost statewide.  I assume southeast MI
will be higher.  I'm interested particularly in the wetlands of the Clinton
River watershed - primarily the eastern half of Oakland County and most of
Macomb County.  Thanks for any info you can provide!
Jessica Pitelka Opfer
Watershed Planner
Clinton River Watershed Council
1970 East Auburn Road