E-M:/ Fwd: EPA Nutrient Criteria Technical Guidance Manual for Rivers and Streams.

Enviro-Mich message from Geoffrey Habron <habrong@msu.edu>

>From: "Dodds, Jane  - CSREES/NRE" <JDODDS@intranet.reeusda.gov>
>To: "'jdodds@reeusda.gov'" <jdodds@reeusda.gov>
>Subject: ANR News Forum Special Alert
>Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:28:33 -0400
>
>AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES NEWS FORUM
>
>Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service
>U.S. Department of Agriculture
>
>Edward "Ted" M. Wilson, Deputy Administrator
>Plant and Animal Systems (PAS)
>...................ewilson@reeusda.gov or 202-401-4329.
>Ralph A. Otto, Deputy Administrator
>Natural Resources and Environment (NRE)
>...................rotto@reeusda.gov or 202-401-4555.
>
>ANR News is electronically published each month.  Additional
>issues and special alerts will be available as events warrant.

>ANR  NEWS FORUM            Special Alert
>                                           August 11, 2000
>

>The Environmental Protection Agency Office of Science and
>Technology is requesting comments on their Nutrient Criteria
>Technical Guidance Manual for Rivers and Streams.
>
>Comments are to be in the form of "significant scientific
>issues" that might not have otherwise been identified in the
>agency's recommendations.  The deadline for comments is
>September 25th.  For a copy of the document and background
>information, see the Federal Register notice:
>http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-WATER/2000/July/Day-27/w19014.htm
>
>To the extent that you feel comfortable, we would appreciate
>receiving a brief summary of your comments.  This information,
>which would be helpful in our work with EPA, can be sent to Jane
>Dodds at jdodds@reeusda.gov.
>

>ANR News Forum
>Special Alert 8/00
>
>"The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits
>discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of
>race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability,
>political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status.
>(Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)  Persons with
>disabilities who require alternative means for communication
>of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.)
>should contact USDA's TARGET Center at 202-720-2600
>(voice and TDD).
>
>To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director,
>Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 14th
>and Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410
>or call (202) 720-5964 (voice or TDD).  USDA is an equal
>opportunity provider and employer."

Geoffrey Habron			Assistant Professor, Michigan State University
Department of Fisheries and Wildlife	Department of Sociology
13 Natural Resources Building		316 Berkey Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824		East Lansing, MI 48824
517-432-8086 voice			517-355-6639 voice
517-355-1699 fax			517-432-2856 fax
habrong@msu.edu
http://www.msu.edu/~habrong