RE: E-M:/ MLUI new executive director

Enviro-Mich message from Maureen Martin <MaureenM@hfmgv.org>

I've worked in environmental issues for nearly a decade now, and can tell
you that I have never questioned the integrity or honesty of MLUI and its
employees and board.  I'm surprised at the negative slant from Professor
Frink and would guess that it's a misunderstanding of whether funds
contributed to a localized project correlate to membership in the
organization.  MLUI, I think, has used the practice of sending
newsletters/magazines as a lead-in to membership appeals, but I don't think
those names were added to membership rolls for the organization.  As a donor
and friend of the institution, I don't think the membership rolls have been
doctored and hope the misunderstanding can be cleared up at some point.

I'm very sorry that Keith is stepping sideways to focus on program; he is a
visionary and a dedicated leader.  But Hans is well-positioned to step into
the administrative and fundraising roles that executive directors must take
on and I wish him very well.

Maureen Martin