E-M:/ GLIN:/ Space Images of Great Lakes

Subject: GLIN==> New & Improved Great Lakes Space Images Page
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:34:33 -0500
Sender: owner-glin-announce@great-lakes.net

Good day!

We are pleased to invite you to visit our greatly expanded & improved
"Images of the Great Lakes Region as Seen from Space" Web page,
http://www.seagrant.wisc.edu/greatlakes/GlacialGift/space.html.
This page now features thumbnail links to a total of 52 space images in four
categories - Great Lakes landscapes (20), cities (15), bays (8), and
connecting waterways (9) - plus hidden links to a couple of "ground-truth"
photos. Also, all image thumbnails have been captioned with "alt text" to
help you select photos for downloading as well as to comply with ADA
requirements. The download time for each image is 30 seconds or less on a
28.8 modem.

Since going online barely a year ago with just 17 images, this page has
become the 18th most accessed page on the entire Wisconsin Sea Grant
website, according to our July server statistics (thanks in part, perhaps,
to it being selected as the June 13th "Site du Jour of the Day" by Web
reviewer Ed Pelegrino, http://members.tripod.com/~SdJotD/). It also had the
second-longest average viewing time (2:59) of our top 50 Web pages.
In any case, given the obvious user interest in and general popularity of
this site, we thought it worth rewarding our visitors with an even greater
and more comprehensive selection of images.

We hope you will enjoy them!
-SW
Stephen Wittman
Assistant Director for Communications
University of Wisconsin Sea Grant Institute

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)