From: "Wayne Senville, Planning Comm'rs Journal" <pcj@together.net>
To: pcj@together.net
Subject: Bush & Gore reply to our question on sprawl
Date: Thu, Sep 7, 2000, 4:58 PM

We've posted on the PlannersWeb today replies we have received from
Governor George W. Bush, Jr. and Vice President Al Gore to the following
question which we asked them to comment on:

"Many citizens appear increasingly concerned about sprawl, the declining
health of downtown areas, and the loss of open space and natural areas.
While many state and local governments are seeking to address these
concerns, we would like to know what role, if any, you believe the federal
government should play?"

To view their replies, go to: http://www.plannersweb.com/candidates2000.html

FYI, we asked that they limit their comments to a maximum of 500 words. We
also submitted our question to Mr. Nader (by contacting his campaign, as we
did with Bush and Gore) but have not yet received a reply. If we receive a
reply we will also post it.

A downloadable "pdf file" containing the candidates' replies is also
available from the page listed above.

Wayne M. Senville
Editor,
Planning Commissioners Journal

|     Serving planning commissioners, zoning board    |
|         members, and all citizens interested        |
|            in local and regional planning           |
|  Web site --> http://www.plannersweb.com            |
|  E-Mail   --> pcj@together.net                      |
|  Phone    --> 802-864-9083                          |
|  FAX      --> 802-862-1882                          |
|  Mail to  --> P.O. Box 4295, Burlington, VT 05406   |