E-M:/ URGENT: CARA and Senator Levin

Enviro-Mich message from "DAVID ROSS" <ROSS@nwf.org>

Hello CARA supporters,

It is critical that we get 61 Senators to sign on to the Dear Colleague letter asking the Senate leadership to bring CARA to the floor for consideration of the full Senate.

As of Friday, Senator Levin still had not signed on.  He has expressed concern that the Senate version contains less money for Michigan than the House version.  This is true, primarily as a result of a different distribution of coastal conservation money.   But if CARA does not come to a vote, there will be no opportunity for Levin or others to seek changes and Michigan will lose everything we are working to obtain with this bill.  This includes between $733 million and $898 million for Michigan.

Please call Senator Levin's office today, 1-202-224-6221 to ask him to sign on to the Dear Colleague letter.

For more details on what this money means for Michigan, please visit http://www.nwf.org/naturefunding/senate/MI.html

Thanks,

Dave Ross
Michigan Regional Organizer