Re: E-M:/ Plants in Trouble?

Enviro-Mich message from Barbara Jean Madsen <bjmadsen@biology.lsa.umich.edu>

The northern Lower Peninsula and eastern Upper Peninsula suffered from
serious drought conditions this summer, which stressed many of the trees.
The eastern UP has been quite dry for the last 2 or 3 summers (many of the
wetlands are very parched), and so some of what we're seeing this year is
the cumulative effect of the last few years of stress.

--Barb Madsen