E-M:/ Truth or Hoax

Does anyone know whether this story it True or just another Hoax?

My friend told me about an article that appeared recently in the Herald-Palladium (St. Joseph, MI) which said that an Extension Service  had been cross breeding small-mouth and large-mouth bass.  The hybrid came to be called the "mean-mouth" because it ostensibly attacked a dog that had investigated fish movement in the water and also attacked a woman in a bright neon bathing suit.  The Extension Service presumably has discontinued its efforts to create a new hybrid.

This has all the markings of hoax.  Would any reputable scientist work with such a project in waters that were accesible for recreation?  Neon bathing suit?  I don't think so--just frosting on the cake?