E-M:/ CARA Supporters, Please call Trent Lott

Enviro-Mich message from "DAVID ROSS" <ROSS@nwf.org>

WE NEED TO TURN UP THE HEAT ON SENATOR LOTT!  It is now up to YOU to express how important CARA is.

ACTION:  CALL Senator Lott's office (even if you have done it already!) and tell him to ensure that state wildlife program funding is not shortchanged.  And make it clear that we still expect Senate action on CARA.  Since time is short, CALL LOTT's OFFICE at:  (202) 224-6253 or FAX to (202) 224-2262.

Message:  The compromise in the Interior spending bill does nothing to ensure that adequate, reliable funding will be provided to protect and preserve our wildlife, parks and open spaces.  It is clear from the House passage of CARA (by a strong 3 to 1 ratio) and the support of 63 senators that CARA has the support of the majority in Congress and the people!  Make sure that guaranteed conservation funding legislation is signed into law this year and that it includes significant, dependable funds for state-based wildlife conservation efforts.

Keep up the good work and thanks for keeping the faith.  It ain't over 'til its over!