E-M:/ canadians appreciate michigan taking their trash

Enviro-Mich message from Dave Dempsey <davemec@voyager.net>

Canadian letter writers to the Detroit Free Press thank us for accepting
their garbage -- with tongue in cheek.

Says one: "Congratulations to the people of Michigan. You are about to
become host to 28 million tons of Toronto garbage over the next 20 years.
This will be brought to you compliments of a convoy of 250 trucks per day.
Figure it out folks. That's one truck of garbage crossing your border about
every six minutes.
We in northern Ontario thank you for your generosity in solving an Ontario
problem that should have been resolved in our own country."

http://www.freep.com/voices/letters/etrash27_20001027.htm

Dave Dempsey
Michigan Environmental Council
119 Pere Marquette, Suite 2A