Re: E-M:/ A serious Nader question

Enviro-Mich message from Tim Flynn <timf@mac.com>

> From: joonmck <joonmck@gateway.net>
> Subject: Re: E-M:/ A serious Nader question
>
> P.S. This does not mean that I do not respect those who "Go Gore"...it
> really comes down to a question of strategy and tactics...short term
> (Gore); long-term (Nader and his kind...see the 5% matchinig funds for
> 2004 etc.). These can either be viewed as strident oppositions or
> friendly disagreements...I prefer the second one.

You have to survive the short term to get to the long term!  For those
species and habitats destroyed in a Bush era the long term will not exist.

The perfect (long term) can be the enemy of the good (short term).

This debate is not anti-democratic just because some of us are trying to
make it is clear that a vote for Nader is a de facto vote for Bush.  It's
not disingenuous to question Nader's candidacy, it's called democratic
debate.  And reading his letter is about all you need to question his
tactics and his candidacy.

Tim Flynn