Re: E-M:/ A serious Nader question

Enviro-Mich message from "Jam Rag" <jamrag@glis.net>

Tim,

Well, I'd say that Nader is not perfect -- and Gore ain't good!

It's a good debate. It's just that those of us in the Greens have not heard
all of this at least a million times now -- no new "spoiler" arguments have
entered my ears in months now. And we're still voting for Nader, so stop
this nonsense about our vote being a vote for Bush -- we wouldn't be voting
for Gore if his was the only name on the ballot!

Someone here really had it right when they said you're wasting your time
trying to win over Greens to the Gore ticket. Frankly, I don't know where
you're going to find the votes to save Al -- but the whole reason we're
going to the extraordinary lengths of starting a new party is because we've
totally lost faith in people like Gore.

I don't mean to be insulting to Gore supporters. If you see something there
which we don't, more power to you. I completely respect the decision to vote
for Gore. I'm just offering some friendly advice to our progressive and
environmentally-minded Democratic Party friends: rather than kill yourself
trying to make the Greens toe your line -- why not get out and campaign,
like we're doing?! In all the time wasted on Green browbeating, my
volunteers alone have hit about 55,000 doorknobs in the 12th District.

How about approaching that pool of 50% who don't vote? Dems would surely do
much better there than continuing this silly tactic of beating up Greens.

Oh yes, about surviving the short-term -- that's exactly what my Libertarian
friends said when they explained why they need to pollute the river to feed
people today.

TN

236 Hours Left: 10-27-00

Sue & Tom Ness
Jam Rag/Michigan Music Campaign/Green Party

Paid for by Ness For Congress/12th District

Don't Let Your Dreams Get Dusty!
No scab papers!

Subscribe general Green list: jamrag@glis.net
campaign@glis.net
www.ness4congress.com

22757 Woodward Ste 210, Box 20076, Ferndale MI 48220
SW corner of 9Mile/Woodward
Hours: M-F 1-10; Sat 10-4; Sun 12-9

248-336-9241/43
Fax: 9251 * MD Greens: 9253
248-542-8090

Campaign Mgr: Lou Novak lmn@lppals.com 313-623-4709
Fundraising Dir: Kendra Knorp 248-336-9243
Targeting/Stats: Ron Halstead ronh109@aol.com 248-548-4931
Office Mgr: Susan Ness suen@glis.net 248-336-9241
Research: Robert Wicke rwicke@igc.org 313-365-8842
Web: Priscilla Dziubek peekd@lppals.com