Re: E-M:/ Nader/Gore Redux

Enviro-Mich message from Sheinzman <sheinzman@prodigy.net>

That's right Isaac.  We Nader supporters weren't voting Gore
regardless.  The whole reason we're building a Green Party is because we
don't feel we've been represented adequately by our government.  And
we've been pitching the 100 million eligible voters who aren't voting at
all.  Maybe more people in Michigan will come out to vote due to Nader
being in the election, but that doesn't mean Gore would lose votes.  And
what a sad strategy.  Trying to encourage people to vote against their
own principles.

So if Gore works for you.  If Gore best represents your positions, then
vote Gore.  But don't try to invalidate my right to vote for whom I
believe in.  Many of us are trying to move away from the winner take all
mentality.  We want proportional representation.  We want a larger pool
of ideas considering public policy, because unless you're wealthy, the
only time most Dems or GOPs in DC care about your concerns is when
they're courting your vote.

-Scott Heinzman