E-M:/ Sierra Club and Electoral Choice

Date: Saturday 28 Oct 2000 14:29:32 -0700
From: "Sierra Club Alerts" <alert@sierraclub.org>
Subject: Election Countdown: The "animated" truth
To: Sierra Club Members <alert@sierraclub.org>

Want a wry look at a serious situation?

Check out our "flash" web graphic animation "One Planet--Two Worlds"
starring Al Gore, George W. Bush, and a host of other curious critters.
http://www.sierraclub.org/twoworlds_animation/

This animated graphic is being sent especially to you because you're a
Sierra Club member. And we need your help to forward it to other Sierra
Club members.

We have electronic addresses for only a fraction of Club members. You may
know the e-mail address of local Sierra Club members that we don't have in
our national membership lists. Will you please forward this to them?

Spreading the word about how close this election will be, and just how bad
George W. Bush would be for the environment, is one of the most important
actions you can take -- in addition to your vote for Al Gore on Nov. 7th.

It's shocking just how bad Gov. Bush is on the environment. Governor Bush
allowed air pollution in Texas to get worse than in Los Angeles. He favors
more logging in our National Forests, and opening the Arctic Refuge to oil
drilling. We can't let that happen.

The Sierra Club overwhelming endorsed Al Gore for president. Your vote is key.
http://www.sierraclub.org/newsroom/gore_endorsement.asp

This is one of a series of Election Countdown e-mails you will
receive as a Sierra Club member between now and the election.
Of course, you can always tell us you don't want to receive any more Election
Countdown e-mails. Just follow the directions at the end of this message.
Important contacts:

Sierra Club for Gore - 202-547-1141
Sierra Club for Gore email - election2000@sierraclub.org
Sierra Club's endorsement of Gore -
http://www.sierraclub.org/newsroom/gore_endorsement.asp

Environmental Voters for Gore - http://algore.com/evfg/index.html
Gore's response to Sierra Club endorsement -
http://algore.com/briefingroom/releases/pr_0724_nat_1.html

Al Gore's record - http://algore.com/environment/env_accomp.html

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)