E-M:/ Unsafe in any state

Enviro-Mich message from georgebd@legislex.com

georgebd@legislex.com thought you would be interested in this article at
Salon.com (http://www.salon.com/).

Your friend's message:
Article from Salon.com regarding pros and cons of a vote for Nader, FYI.

Unsafe in any state
By Todd Gitlin

http://www.salon.com/politics/feature/2000/10/28/nader/index.html

Here we go again. The arguments for Nader's campaign are dubious, a vote for him reckless and the consequences of building him up severe and possibly irreversible. As I write, Nader strength in Oregon and Minnesota looks like it's enough to move those states into the Bush column; Nader could also matter in Wisconsin, Michigan, Washington, even California. The outcome might well be, with a few other states, catastrophic -- and not only for the next four years. Just as much of the ground lost to Reagan in 1980 has never been regained -- repeat, never: not in 20 years, not on labor policy, not on the environment, not on income and wealth inequality, not on support for military goons in the poor countries -- the ground to be lost by a Republican victory is likely to stay lost. As for the arguments about what's to be gained by a big Nader turnout, they dissolve on inspection.