Re: E-M:/ Unsafe in any state

Enviro-Mich message from joonmck <joonmck@gateway.net>

OK, OK, If we're going to turn up the volume on this
Nader-as-Darth-Vader polemic, let's have a go of it. Has anyone
consulted Cockburn and St. Clair's "Al Gore, A User's Manual?" If not,
you can get a taste of vitriolic invective about Al (some warranted,
some not) at the following site:

http://www.counterpunch.org/

I just contribute this to counterbalance some of the broadsides from the
"other side" of this debate. I wrote a piece on Nader back when I was
working as a freelance journalist in Philadelphia (University City
News). I detailed his thoughtful arguments he delivered in a 2 hour
speech to a thousand or so engineer types and administrators at Drexel
University. Nader lambasted the university's research agenda which
highly favored big business and he outlined a series of research
initiatives that the school might undertake. (I'll look up my files to
share some of his points). We need someone to take on Michigan State
University in such a manner!

Nader speaks of a world, "not yet," and if we castigate this voice, we
do a disservice to freedom-loving people everywhere. It's during
ideological "crises" like this that one's true colors come out. The only
way we'll ever defeat capital is via a green/red alliance...something we
have to reinvent.

Brian McKenna