Re: E-M:/ Nader Drop Out Campaign

Enviro-Mich message from "Jam Rag" <jamrag@glis.net>

Sir or madam,

Dirty tricks in politics are ALWAYS of a junior high mentality. Such things
diminish our dignity.

You're wrong about why I'm voting for Nader. It is because I believe both
Gore and Bush are headed in the wrong direction, only at different
velocities. And I won't have my vote seen as signalling a mandate for moving
in the wrong direction.

Just for the record, I have offered to have my street teams drop lit for the
Dem-backed RTF Supreme Court Justice candidates. And my street teams are
awesome! We'll get to 75,000 homes before Nov. 7. We've already moved a ton
of lit for the All Kids First anti-voucher people.

Also -- just for the record -- in the edition of my magazine (Jam Rag) which
went to press last night, we gave very strong endorsements of Bonior,
Gieleghem, Schermesser, Garza, Basham, Woodward, Bogardus, Hansen, etc., all
Dems who earned our support.

And as a matter of fact, we even heaped some substantial praise on my Dem
opponent in the 12th, Sandy Levin!

Really, after all the dirty tricks (a small faction of) Dems have heaped on
the Greens over recent weeks, I find it hard to believe that Party would
ever be so fair-minded in return. Dems don't have much to complain about
when it comes to the Ness-for-Congress committee.

We're also bringing in tons of new voters, who very well might vote for
Gore!

The debate is really, really great, and where you and I DO agree is how
vital it is for everyone to really think this all the way through before
casting their vote. But personally, I may have endured more of this debate
by now than anyone else in Michigan. So allow me to bow out.

About the dirty tricks: I really respect Alex but let's face it, like most
of the rest of us he is a passionate activist and sometimes our passion
leads us to do boneheaded things. All of us. His urging people to shut down
Nader2000 computers with a flood of email is tantamount to sabotage, and
should not be respected.

His response to me? "If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen."
Well, how's this for some heat: Suppose I tell the thousand people who've
joined my own campaign list to send a daily post to enviro-mich, along with
ten of their friends. With 10,000 emails coming in to everyone, I suspect
we'd chase off every single subscriber.

Don't worry, I wouldn't even CONSIDER doing such a childish and malicious
act. I'm just making a point.

(And let me be the first to point out that it is perhaps Green passion which
leads "boneheads" like me to vote for Nader!)

Also, I love this list. Again, to clarify, I did not join the Greens because
of the environment, but because of their commitment to grassroots democracy.
To the extent I might be described as an environmentalist, in all honesty my
strong inclination to reduce and reuse is more due my being cheapskate! But
I'm first and foremost interested in advancing democracy and social justice,
and that's why I joined the Greens. But when criticizing Greens like myself
for not being environmental enough, one could also criticize Democrats for
being wholly undemocratic at times!

I joined this list because I want to learn about environmental issues, and I
learn something new every day!

Really, make up your own mind, and vote however you like. I'll be glad to
continue this debate AFTER Nov. 7. Simply enough, I disagree with the
substance.

Oh yes, I also think it's much more important what people do between
elections than what they do just that one day. Right?

Thanks!

TN

212 Hours Left: 10-28-00

Sue & Tom Ness
Jam Rag/Michigan Music Campaign/Green Party

Paid for by Ness For Congress/12th District

Don't Let Your Dreams Get Dusty!
No scab papers!

Subscribe general Green list: jamrag@glis.net
campaign@glis.net
www.ness4congress.com

22757 Woodward Ste 210, Box 20076, Ferndale MI 48220
SW corner of 9Mile/Woodward
Hours: M-F 1-10; Sat 10-4; Sun 12-9

248-336-9241/43
Fax: 9251 * MD Greens: 9253
248-542-8090

Campaign Mgr: Lou Novak lmn@lppals.com 313-623-4709
Fundraising Dir: Kendra Knorp 248-336-9243
Targeting/Stats: Ron Halstead ronh109@aol.com 248-548-4931
Office Mgr: Susan Ness suen@glis.net 248-336-9241
Research: Robert Wicke rwicke@igc.org 313-365-8842
Web: Priscilla Dziubek peekd@lppals.com