Re: E-M:/ Re Nader vs Gore

Enviro-Mich message from "Matthew R. Abel" <attorneyabel@mediaone.net>

Mr. Guyette:

Endorsing Debbie Stabenow must be a bitter pill considering her support of the
drug war, and the Metro Times' strong opposition to it.  It was somewhat surreal
to read the article on the damage caused by the drug war in the same issue as the
endorsement.

Yes, Debbie will generally vote much more progressively than Spencer Abraham, but
so would my beagle.  Your endorsement should not have been made without
expressing some concern with her positions supporting the nuclear power industry
and the Overseas Private Investment Corp., and urging her to have some courage in
fighting the drug war.

I guess a politician cannot win without being "tough on crime", but to let that
go without comment does a disservice to all of your work in covering the damage
caused by our war on drugs.

I would legalize marijuana.  I would cut defense.  I would move quickly on
alternative sources of energy generation.  And I would continue to refuse money
from political action committees.

I have a track record in fighting for campaign finance reform of judicial
elections in Michigan.  My work has been described as courageous and effective.

Michigan Yes, Debbie is better than Spence, but she's still not the person I want
to represent me in the U.S. Senate.  I may have no track record, but at least I
don't have Spence's record, or even Debbie's.

With courage, seems to me either you have it or you don't.  I can develop a track
record, but can Debbie develop the courage to say the drug war is wrong?

Maybe next time you might interview me, before you dismiss me so quickly.  As one
of my heroes, you have lost some of your shine, but least you spelled my name
right!

Matthew R. Abel  attorneyabel@mediaone.net
Green Party Candidate for U.S. Senate abel4senate@yahoo.com
Campaign web page: abel4senate.org
Abel for Senate Committee, 22757 Woodward, Suite 240, Ferndale, MI 48220
Raise Cain, Elect Abel!

--
Matthew R. Abel  attorneyabel@mediaone.net
Green Party Candidate for U.S. Senate abel4senate@yahoo.com
Campaign web page: abel4senate.org
Abel for Senate Committee, 22757 Woodward, Suite 240, Ferndale, MI 48220
Raise Cain, Elect Abel!

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ=