E-M:/ It Is Not Safe!

Enviro-Mich message from "Murray Dailey" <murphwild1@hotmail.com>

Greetings,

I believe because of the lack of understanding of some of the details of
environmental issues, the greens do not know how BAD Bush would
be--especially if the house remains republican controlled. One or the other
would be bad, but control of both house and oval office by republicans would
be a full out environmental holocaust--this is not hyperbole.  There are too
few strongholds of biodiversity left. The republicans in control could wipe
out the last remaining native or recovering forests in no time at all.  This
is not the time.

The greens i have interacted with seem to be mostly about social justice,
feminism, human rights (in far away places), etc.., and are made up in the
traditional liberal strongholds which one sees in places like Madison
Wisconsin, University of Michigan etc.

In fact, Dale Kildee(D) has helped far more than any green or republican in
this state when it comes to protecting forests and the wild and the
environment.  Congressman Kildee recently was involved in our (northwoods
Wilderness Recovery) efforts to get cutting stopped in the Indian Wild and
Scenic River corridor in Ottawa NF. Mr. Kildee authored the Michigan
Wilderness Act and the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act.  He sits on two natural
resources subcommittee's and the House Natural Resources Committee.  We also
have three democrats  cosponsoring the National Forest Protection and
Restoration Act in Michigan. Mr. Kildee in a house majority of democrats is
going to be key for the environment. I believe his seat is safe.  Of course
he needs to take even stronger stands on the environment in light of
increased destruction of it.

A republican prez with a republican house would in fact be a nightmare
beyond the current nightmare comprehension.

I could in good conscience support Nader, but I cannot in good conscience
support the green party around him as it is today. They just dont have it
together yet.  This is an academic assertion, not an attack--cause there
have been to many mean spirited and vile attacks going back and forth around
this country between enviros and green party. I support aggressive debate.
I also beleive in holding hard-line conservation positions, and am never
hesitant to raise cane among the green establishment when i sense weak
positions, tactics or methods.

Our being in a swing state of Michigan requires that i make this post.

Kind regards,

Murray Dailey

PS. unedited