Re: E-M:/ It Is Not Safe!

Enviro-Mich message from Smileysmlc@aol.com

In a message dated 11/1/00, mecec@home.com writes:

<< You guys don't seem to recall that virtually all of the key federal
environmental
regulatory programs were put in place by a Republican administration.
Michael Carlson >>

Wait a minute--I recall that very well!  The problem is:  it's the Republican
Party which has drifted so far to the right!

Personally, my favorite President and favorite Michigan Governor were both
Republican.  But that was in the days when Republicans realized that
"conservation" and "conservative" went together.

Now, the Republican Party is dominated by such right-wing, anti-environment
fanatics, that they seem to have lost all sense of reason.

And for that reason, I will not be voting for one single Republican this
year, which is probably a first.

Jack Smiley