E-M:/ Auto-distribution center in Milan

Enviro-Mich message from "Aretta Schils" <squaw@provide.net>

Good afternoon everyone,

I hope this is not a trick of some sort but I just got news about a couple
of hours ago  that the Ann Arbor Railroad and GM are NOT exercising t
he options on the remaining 800 or so acres in Milan to build the country's
largest
auto-distribution center.

I'm not exactly sure what this means but I was told that GM will decide
whether to come back with a smaller proposal or they will go away altogether
in our area. Of course, we are hoping for the latter as this never belonged
in a residential area to begin with.

This decision makes me respect GM for using common sense and taking the
public's
views into consideration.

It's a great day for Milan !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all