E-M:/ is nader on geologic timescale?

Enviro-Mich message from "Rita Jack" <ritaj@flint.umich.edu>

I've quietly listened to these discussions these past few weeks, and
I have been absolutely incredulous.  Since they refer to "the long
term", I can only think that Nader and his followers must be thinking
on a geologic timescale, and that is so much grander than the scale
we are thinking on.  I guess that could be so.  Nothing we mere
humans do will ever matter on a timescale that is millions of years
long, right?.  The species we fight to save today will have all
become extinct - or radically changed - by then...  - uh - including
us, huh?  In the long long long term - we are just tiny little
insignificant non-blips.

Well - sorry.  I ain't falling for it.  I live in the here and now.
And I will never vote for anyone who is willing to risk *OUR* Arctic
National Wildlife Refuge...  and I will never vote for anyone who is
willing - nay - determined - to allow his candidacy to become more
important than the most precious place in the whole United States.
This from a person who calls himself a defender of the environment?
Yeah, sure.  "I'm telling you - it's the principal of the thing.
We'll make up for it later, as soon as we tick off enough of you by
helping GWB win... "  Sorry Mr. Nader - you might have had quite a
glorious past as a consumer and environmental advocate....  but these
days, you've become just like the rest of them.