Re: E-M:/ Is Nader hypocritical on Occidental Oil?

Enviro-Mich message from Sheinzman <sheinzman@prodigy.net>

The current administration is lax on enforcing environmental laws.  The
FDA refuses to require labeling of genetically engineered foods and they

legalized rBHG.  Mining, grazing and logging companies continue to
pillage public lands at bargain basement rates.  We're not moving away
from nuclear power.  We're not requiring grandfathered coal plants to
update their emissions controls.  Polluters aren't required to be
responsible for cleaning up their messes.  It goes on and on and on.
And Michigan residents are directly impacted

Now a lawyer is going to tell us Gore is going to help the U'wa
peoples.  They're in Columbia right?  The same Columbia where the
Clinton/Gore administration has military advisors and just sent $1.5
billion dollars so the repressive government can indiscriminately
bombard the countryside with herbicides as part of the war on drugs
(people) - Where peasant farmers and their children are dumped on
regardless of what they grow - Where the entire ecosystem is polluted.
This is the type of policy we're supposed to continue?  The U'wa's are
screwed either way.

And so are we.