Fwd: E-M:/ Fw: U'Wa Lawyer Statement a Halloween Spoof

In a message dated 11/2/00 11:17:46 PM Atlantic Standard Time, Joanieink
writes:

<< Subj:    Re: E-M:/ Fw: U'Wa Lawyer Statement a Halloween Spoof
 Date:  11/2/00 11:17:46 PM Atlantic Standard Time
 From:  Joanieink
 To:    fambrose@bloomington.in.us

 The lawyer circulated his own statement on the internet and put his name and
phone at the bottom so anyone can call him if they have questions. I
understand he sent it to DNC among others but doesn't speak for them. The
real issue: people who
 care about the U'Wa, like people who care about human rights and the
 environment generally, need to keep their eyes on the goal that will best
protect what they care about - electing Al Gore and a Dem congress, not GWB
and a GOP Congress. Everything else is a red herring - or worse,
counterproductive. >>

-- BEGIN included message

The lawyer circulated his own statement on the internet and put his name and
phone at the bottom so anyone can call him if they have questions. I
understand he sent it to DNC among others but doesn't speak for them. The
real issue: people who
care about the U'Wa, like people who care about human rights and the
environment generally, need to keep their eyes on the goal that will best
protect what they care about - electing Al Gore and a Dem congress, not GWB
and a GOP Congress. Everything else is a red herring - or worse,
counterproductive.

-- END included message