Re: E-M:/ Eder column on wolves in Free Press today

Enviro-Mich message from David Allen <dallen@nmu.edu>

Anne:

Thanks for the heads-up on Tim Eder's article; it is good.

And so is an article by Ted Williams in the latest Audubon magazine.

And both miss one point.  Ther probably needs to be areas where top
predators can be top predators.  This is a habitat question, but a bit
more, as well.  Top predators kill things.  They like to munch on
things.  If a "slow elk" comes wandering by, or a few sheep, or a poodle -
so much the easier.  As long as we keep blowing away these "offenders" -
top predators doing their thing,  we are diminishing the concept of source
populations.

My 2 cents.  Dave Allen