Re: E-M:/ Roadless corrections

Enviro-Mich message from "David E. Allen" <dallen@nmu.edu>

Folks:

I don't think that stewardship logging is something to get up in arms
about.  However, it is something that us forest watchers have to
watch.  For example, Stevan Christiansen, District Ranger, HNF, constantly
refers to "forest health" in justifying some possible logging in the
Rudyard Clay Flat LTA project set.  This is most likely simple hogwash - a
healthy forest (stand) has some dead and dying trees, has some disease, has
some bugs - and most likely should be discredited (there is the
possibility, of course, that forest health is a real issue, but that is a
statement demanding empirical support).

Dave