E-M:/ RE: / South Fox Island Insider Info

Enviro-Mich message from "Upton, Brian" <BUPTON@mail.gtbindians.com>

This is essentially what we've been hearing also.  Last Wednesday I faxed
and mailed a FOIA request to DEQ in Lansing.  We are currently experiencing
problems with DNR re: FOIA response (we're in litigation over a 10/99 FOIA
request to DNR, and we still haven't received one document from our 9/00
FOIA request to DNR), so we'll see how quick the turnaround is from DEQ. . .
One thing everyone should know is that things are happening very quickly
behind the scenes with regard to the South Fox land exchange.  The quicker
the issue is brought to the larger public's attention, the better.  Also,
it's not just state DNR staff that don't like what's going on  - a number of
federal officials/staff don't like it either.

Brian Upton
Grand Traverse Band legal department