E-M:/ A holiday gift idea from Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group

Enviro-Mich message from "Michael Sklar" <tigers3@mediaone.net>

Friends,

If you're like me, you are not going to have a clue about what to get for
some of the people on your holiday gift list.  Instead of beating your head
against this wall for the next month (only to end up giving gifts that will
burden your friends and family with the need to exchange them for what they
really want), why not take the easy and honorable way out of this eternal
problem?

The Sierra Club's Huron Valley Group offers a solution that provides
convenience to your friends and family, guarantees that they get something
they really want, and also benefits your community:  gift cards for Borders
Books & Music through our "Shopping for the Earth" program.

A Borders gift card works just like a pre-loaded debit card.  Each card
comes "loaded" with a certain amount of money that can be spent on any item
in any Borders store.  Any unused portion is stored in the card for later
use, and the cards never expire.

Better yet, Borders will donate $1 to the Sierra Club's Huron Valley Group
(HVG) for every $5 you spend on gift cards from the HVG -- at no additional
cost to you.  The Huron Valley Group will use the donation to carry on our
efforts to preserve nature in our region and support our communication and
education efforts.

And best of all, you don't have to fight the crowds at the mall or guess
which books or CDs your friends and family members want!  All you need to do
is fill out the order form below, send a check made payable to "Huron Valley
Group - Sierra Club" for the face value of your order, and indicate the
quantity of gift cards you would like to purchase.  We offer $20 and $50
gift cards.  The maximum size for a given order is $500.

If you have any questions, you can email me at tigers3@mediaone.net or call
me at 734-717-8040.

  - Michael Sklar

P.S.  Sierra Club calendars and engagement books also make terrific gifts.
They'll be available for sale at our next General Meeting on December 19 at
the Matthei Botanical Gardens.

Borders Gift Cards Order Form -- HVG "Shopping for the Earth" Program

_____ cards @ $20 = $ ______
_____ cards @ $50 = $ ______
TOTAL ORDER:           $______

Mail to: