Re: E-M:/ lower insurance for SUV's

Enviro-Mich message from David Allen <dallen@nmu.edu>

I propose that the various auto types be compelled to pay, through
insurance, for the damage they cause.  While SUV's, for example, might have
reduced passenger claims, they are the cause of increased damage claims
when their massive tonnage strikes a smaller vehicle, when their over
height bumpers destroy smaller cars sheet metal and safety appliances, when
their lack of crushability forces all of the crushing energy into the other
vehicle, etc.  This is not a matter of who is at fault in the accident; it
is a matter of consumer choice and supplier design.

Dave Allen