Re: E-M:/ lower insurance for SUV's

Because SUV's are able to inflict the greatest damage on other vehicles, pedestrians and bikers, I would propose an alternate formula for insurance rates based on a new Factor. I would call it the "throw weight factor>" It would be the product of the gross ( or net) tonnage of the vehicle times the horsepower.   A BIG more powerful vehicle can INFLICT more damage,  They should pay more money into the insurance system.  I insure with State Farm.  This policy change is enough to make me think seriously about changing my insurer.