E-M:/ Free PRess editorial:Fund transit instead of just pavement

This morning's Detroit  Free Press has printed our letter to the Editor prominently on the bottom of the editorial page!

Fund transit instead of just pavement

                                           November 29, 2000

http://www.freep.com/voices/letters/ehands29_20001129.htm

Remember to insist that the I-375 project deserves the complete scrutiny that an environmental impact study should provide.
Thanks in advance to all who attend today, or file comments.  If you send MDOT and FHWA a letter, please forward a copy to us.

Karen D. Kendrick-Hands
Air Policy Director,
East Michigan Environmental Action Council
Co-founder, Transportation Riders United
1067 Devonshire Road
Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
313.885.7588, fax 313.885.7883
kdkhands@voyager.net
Check out TRU's web page at http://www.marp.org/tru.htm
Try the Motranzit site, too - http://www.hometown.aol.com/motranzit
Also check out http://members.aol.com/wingsrgr8/DPM/ &
http://www.detroitmasstransit.com/
If you don't ask the right questions, you will never get to the right answers . . .