E-M:/ Tell Us About Your Election 2000 Land Use Battles!

I'd like to hear from folks about local goverment electoral politics that had strong land use components to them, both in terms of initiatives and office changes.  For example, Milan Township's board saw a complete turnover because of a land use issue; Meridian Twp saw advocates elected and a purchase-of-development-rights program adopted; and Washtenaw County approved a millage to purchase sensitive natural areas.  I want to celebrate the importance of land use in this last election and would love to hear from as many of you as possible!

Conan Smith
Land Programs Director
Michigan Environmental Council
119 Pere Marquette, Suite 2A