Re: E-M:/ The Doves

Enviro-Mich message from "Snow Bird" <birdpriestess@hotmail.com>

I note that these arguments seem centered around game species.  Apparently,
those are the only species that are considered important.  The attitude that
hunters have saved the wilderness for the rest of us is common and
inaccurate.  I'm not going to convince anyone that I do, in fact, approve of
some hunting, but that's not my concern. I do know that I feel pretty
hopeless about the future of other species in Michigan and elsewhere when
the lack of feeling about their importance as worthy in and of themselves
without have a value as a "resource" or something to blast away is always
involved and evaluated. I don't see the pheasants that I used to see as a
young person here in Michigan, not all that long ago, but the "coyotes" who
killed them are:  land sprawl, pollution, disease.  And that is all that I
intend to say about this.