Re: E-M:/ New Market Development

Enviro-Mich message from "Nancy Shiffler" <shifflern@hotmail.com>

Jonathan,

The concerns about the Newmarket development have more to do with its size
and location than with its general concept.  The infrastructure (sewers,
roads, etc.) that the devleopment would be tapping into cannot manage the
increased load without considerable upgrading.  This would be at taxpayer
expense above and beyond any new tax money the development would bring in.
There are additional concerns about the development's impact on drainage in
the area, particularly as it affects wetlands in the area.

Nancy Shiffler