Re: E-M:/ RE: / Harding To Head EPA?--A horror story

Enviro-Mich message from "David Zaber" <dzaber@chorus.net>

It will be up to you all in Michigan to bring Debbie Stabenaw and Carl Levin
up to speed on the Harding appointment.  Debbie could make some real headway
by bringing up Harding's efforts to destroy Michigan's environmental regs
and quality.  Perhaps a bucket of Saginaw Bay sediment as a prop to
illustrate Engler's enviro policies under Harding could be a start.....

P.S. Speaking of PCBs, the Tommy Thompson administration here in Wisconsin
has signed a sweetheart deal with one of the major polluters of the Fox
river (and Lake Michigan - thus the Michigan connection).  Ft. James paper
co. has to pay $7 million for the damages done to human and ecological
health from decades of PCB contamination in the Fox.  See the sweetheart
deal discribed in today's Wisconsin State Journal (sunday).  Note the
economist from UW that blasts the deal as grossly underestimating of the
damage done to natural resources.  Also note the reference to Engler's DEQ
as doing something right on PCB damage assessments in Saginaw bay.

Regards,

Dave Zaber