Re: E-M:/ RE: / Harding To Head EPA?--A horror story

Enviro-Mich message from Alma Lowry <alowry@sugarlaw.org>

Voicing opposition now to Harding as EPA Administrator is probably a good idea
(and finding a potential candidate to support is even better).   For what it's
worth, however, the scoop from a Washington reporter on the EPA beat with whom I
recently spoke is that the inside track goes to the Pennsylvania DEP director and
that Harding is not a serious candidate.  The popular wisdom in D.C. is that Bush
is going to at least try to appear moderate on environmental issues (i.e., no
James Watt or Anne Gorsuch) and won't appoint an extremist as Administrator.

Alma Lowry