Re: Re: E-M:/ RE: / Harding To Head EPA?--A horror story

Enviro-Mich message from "Bonnie Shupe" <BONNIES@cannontwp.org>

So what are we going to do?  Who knows what would be most effective?  Who can we call, e-mail, or otherwise contact so that our message gets across to Bush or whoever is responsible for advising him on this issue?

I am a Republican who voted for Bush (please don't kick me off this service....) but I am adamently opposed to Harding.  Maybe if they realize that even Republicans don't like the guy it might have more impact.  Let me know what I can do to help.
Bonnie Shupe

>>> <Murphwild1@aol.com> 12/18/00 12:22PM >>>

Greetings,

I hope you are right Alma, but the right wing is really applying the
thumbscrews.   Look at the coverage Falwell and those nuts are getting.

I would never bet on the best case scenario, and as Alex Sagady said, there
are other EPA positions which Harding could likely be put into by dubya.
There should be no relenting on making Harding's miserable record and agenda
be known.  If anything, this is an opportunity to show Harding for what he
really is.   There are too many unknowns in this climate to take a timid
approach or rest on speculation.

Murray Dailey

Voicing opposition now to Harding as EPA Administrator is probably a good idea
(and finding a potential candidate to support is even better).   For what it's
worth, however, the scoop from a Washington reporter on the EPA beat with
whom I
recently spoke is that the inside track goes to the Pennsylvania DEP director
and
that Harding is not a serious candidate.  The popular wisdom in D.C. is that
Bush
is going to at least try to appear moderate on environmental issues (i.e., no
James Watt or Anne Gorsuch) and won't appoint an extremist as Administrator.

Alma Lowry

Lynn Livingston wrote:

> Enviro-Mich message from "Lynn Livingston" <redwingnut@sprintmail.com>
>
> Americans will "wake up" in a year or two and wonder "what hit me."
>
> ----------
> > From: Dave Dempsey <davemec@voyager.net>
> > To: Murphwild1@aol.com; enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
> > Subject: E-M:/ RE: / Harding To Head EPA?--A horror story
> > Date: Saturday, December 16, 2000 7:52 PM

> > Enviro-Mich message from "Dave Dempsey" <davemec@voyager.net>
> >
> > Let us unite against this monstrous potential appointment. No urban child
> > with asthma, no vulnerable wetland, no old-growth forest, no source of
> > drinking water will be safe if Harding is appointed.
> >
> > They stole the election, now they want to steal our environment.

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ=